This ad is expired.
Career Services Coordinator
Penn State Hazleton is accepting applications for a full-time Career Services Coordinator. This position is responsible for providing career counseling to undergraduate students and alumni on topics including career exploration and planning, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing skills, internship and job search preparation, and selecting and applying to graduate school programs.
Other specific duties include delivery of individual and group career education programs, leading career-focused events that connect students to the career development process, and classroom presentations; and maintaining case notes that track client progress, assessment results, and counseling goals. May also teach a course or present to students on the topic of effective career decision-making and is responsible for teaching career preparation courses in support of the Bachelor of Science Business degree for University College.
This position may offer a flexible work arrangement that combines remote and on-campus work. Questions related to flexible work should be directed to the hiring manager during the interview process.
- This position coordinates employer engagement and recruitment efforts for regional and national organizations, including virtual and in-person information sessions, campus visits, site visits, and in-class engagement.
- Communicates with and educates employers on best practices for recruiting for full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities.
- Leads and develops events and programs related to Career Services, including employer information sessions and alumni panels, employer roundtables, keynote speakers, career expos, networking events, and etiquette events.
- Monitor/track Career Services budget.
- Also contributes to University growth and initiatives through leadership of and participation in a variety of committees and working groups at the campus and University-wide.
- This position will provide support to the Advising & Career Center team including answering phones, triage student issues, advocate for students and learn policies and procedures to direct students to appropriate resources and offices.
- It will also participate in New Student Orientation sessions to support incoming students.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Master's degree or higher in Counseling Psychology, Counselor Education, Student Affairs, Higher Education, or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- The successful candidate should also demonstrate initiative, high energy, and an ability to work in a fluid environment with shifting priorities.
- Experience in working with online career management systems is a plus.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and organizational ability, communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing (including the development and delivery of materials for presentations).
How to Apply:
- All applications, including cover letters and resumes, must be submitted electronically.
Penn State offers a generous benefits package that includes health insurance, dental and vision plans, retirement plans, a 75% tuition discount for full-time employees, their spouse, and children to attend any Penn State campus, and paid vacation and sick days. Information about benefits is available here: https://hr.psu.edu/benefits
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Hazleton/Career-Services-Coordinator_REQ_0000048112-2
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency