Reporting to the Associate Provost, Chelsea Campus, this is a Temporary Full-time Academic Coordinator position for student academic and support services at the Chelsea Campus.
This position is responsible for providing comprehensive academic and student support services to students enrolled in credit and non-credit bearing certificate programs and courses, the noncredit Adult Basic Education Program (ESOl/HiSet), Early College program at Chelsea High School, and students in general. This includes coordinating activities pertaining to academic advisement and orientation, placement testing/assessment, academic tutoring, library services, enrollment services and registration, student activities, program scheduling and promotion.
This position is also responsible for coordination of assigned staff and student workers. Performs related work as directed.
- Coordinate provision of academic advising services to assist students in developing academic plans of study within guided pathways.
- Assist with the development and delivery of program orientations for current and new programs, and coordinate the advising and registration components.
- Evaluate admission application, assess, advise, evaluate transcripts, and register continuing and incoming students and connect them to services.
- Conduct career advising, career assessments, and transfer advising.
- Coordinate the scheduling and administration of testing services to include placement, TEAS, HiSet/GED and industry certification testing.
- Coordinate and/or schedule academic services relating to library services and design promotional materials.
- Coordinate the peer tutoring program to include the hiring, training and evaluation of tutors, the scheduling of on campus and virtual tutoring sessions, the tracking of tutee attendance, the maintenance of tutorial records, coordination of student workers, and the promotion of services offered.
- Working with faculty, research and recommend alternative tutorial designs to support learning outside the classroom.
- Present workshops on academic skills necessary for college success.
- Coordinate with academic deans the scheduling of Health Sciences, Early Childhood Education, Information Technology, Entrepreneurship and other upcoming certificate programs and general education curriculum at the Chelsea Campus.
- Coordinate the development of materials to promote the campus programs and multiple scheduling formats.
- Coordinate the student Lunch and Learn program and develop other programs in response to student interest.
- Work with the Student Activities Office to develop the annual budget.
- Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Sociology, or closely related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience and/or training that includes academic advisement, academic placement, counseling, career development, teaching, or fields related to program/project management; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience managing projects or work areas,
- Experience collaborating with and coordinating services across multiple teams and offices.
- Willingness to learn and develop systems.
- Ability to use virtual platforms for communications and program delivery.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Salary Range: $57,043.00-$64,802.00 *Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
*This is a temporary position with an end date of December 31, 2022.
Grade 6, Unit Professional position
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By July 27, 2021
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/xWe7JZSqrGwXSZPmtxx5l
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency